Jos Found This Guy! He Is INCREDIBLE! How Come I Never Heard Of Him? Enjoy His Videos!
The Steve Jobs Book Is Out!
I saw the piece about Steve Jobs and the author last night on 60 Mins! The book look like it is going to be AWESOME and I cant wait tho read it!
About The Book : Based on more than forty interviews with Jobs conducted over two years—as well as interviews with more than a hundred family members, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleagues—Walter Isaacson has written a riveting story of the roller-coaster life and searingly intense personality of a creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing.
At a time when America is seeking ways to sustain its innovative edge, and when societies around the world are trying to build digital-age economies, Jobs stands as the ultimate icon of inventiveness and applied imagination. He knew that the best way to create value in the twenty-first century was to connect creativity with technology. He built a company where leaps of the imagination were combined with remarkable feats of engineering.
Although Jobs cooperated with this book, he asked for no control over what was written nor even the right to read it before it was published. He put nothing off-limits. He encouraged the people he knew to speak honestly. And Jobs speaks candidly, sometimes brutally so, about the people he worked with and competed against. His friends, foes, and colleagues provide an unvarnished view of the passions, perfectionism, obsessions, artistry, devilry, and compulsion for control that shaped his approach to business and the innovative products that resulted.
Driven by demons, Jobs could drive those around him to fury and despair. But his personality and products were interrelated, just as Apple’s hardware and software tended to be, as if part of an integrated system. His tale is instructive and cautionary, filled with lessons about innovation, character, leadership, and values.
About the Author
Walter Isaacson, the CEO of the Aspen Institute, has been chairman of CNN and the managing editor of Time magazine. He is the author of Benjamin Franklin: An American Life and of Kissinger: A Biography, and the coauthor of The Wise Men: Six Friends and the World They Made. He lives in Washington, D.C., with his wife and daughter.
Big Bang Theory Season 5
Got To LOVE THE GEEKS! Excited about not one but 2 new season 5 shows tonight!
Whats on tap so far this season:
5.01 – The Skank Reflex Analysis
Penny worries that she’s screwed things up permanently with her friends, while Sheldon takes command of the paintball team.
5.02 – The Infestation Hypothesis
A fight between Sheldon and Penny leaves Amy caught in the middle, while Leonard tries to spice up his long-distance relationship with Priya.
5.03 – The Pulled Groin Extrapolation
Leonard and Amy get to know each other better, while Howard and Bernadette spend the weekend with Mrs. Wolowitz.
5.04 – The Wiggly Finger Catalyst
Raj finally meets a girl he can communicate with.
5.05 – THE RUSSIAN ROCKET REACTION
Sheldon and Leonard get invited to a party at Wil Wheaton’s house, and Howard gets an out-of-this-world opportunity.
Got to love the cast descriptions!
- Leonard Hofstadter Ph.D., portrayed by Johnny Galecki, is an experimental physicist with an IQ of 173 who received his Ph.D when he was 24 years old. He shares an apartment with colleague and friend, Sheldon Cooper. He and Penny dated at one point during the series, but they have since broken up. He has been dating Raj’s sister, Priya.
- Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., portrayed by Jim Parsons, is a theoretical physicist. Originally from East Texas, he was a child prodigy, starting college at the age of 11, right after completing the fifth grade. He has an IQ of 187 and exhibits a strict adherence to routine; a lack of understanding of irony, sarcasm, and humor; and a complete lack of humility or basic empathy.
- Penny, portrayed by Kaley Cuoco, is the attractive, blonde neighbor who lives across the hall from Sheldon and Leonard. She has aspirations to a career in show business, and has been to casting calls and auditions but has not been successful thus far. To pay the bills, she works as a waitress at The Cheesecake Factory. Her last name has never been revealed. She and Leonard dated at one point during the series, but they have since broken up. In the finale episode of Season 4, she was shown to have slept with Raj after drunkenly telling him that she regrets splitting up with Leonard.
- Howard Wolowitz, M.Eng., portrayed by Simon Helberg, works as an aerospace engineer. He is Jewish, and lives with his mother. Unlike Sheldon, Leonard, and Raj, Howard lacks a Ph.D. He defends this by pointing out that he has a master’s degree in Engineering from MIT and the apparatus he designs are actually built and launched into space, unlike the purely abstract work of his friends. He provides outrageous pick-up lines and fancies himself a ladies man with suitably unimpressed reactions from Penny. Though he finds that he has limited success with other women at first, he begins dating Bernadette in season 3, but they break up; they get back together in the Season 4 episode “The Hot Troll Deviation”, and become engaged in the episode “The Herb Garden Germination”.
- Rajesh Koothrappali, Ph.D., portrayed by Kunal Nayyar, originally comes from New Delhi, India. He is an astrophysicist. Known commonly as “Raj”, he works alongside Sheldon exploring the string theory implications of gamma rays from dark matter annihilations. He is very shy around women and is physically unable to talk to them unless he drinks alcohol. However, he has much better luck with women as opposed to his overly confident best friend Howard. His sister, Priya, has been dating Leonard.
- Bernadette Rostenkowski, Ph.D., portrayed by Melissa Rauch, is a waitress and co-worker of Penny paying her way through graduate school microbiology studies. Bernadette is introduced to Howard by Penny. At first she and Howard do not get along, as they appear to have nothing in common. When they find out that they both have overbearing mothers, they feel a connection. She was upgraded to main cast status in the episode “The Hot Troll Deviation”, in which she and Howard revisit their previously unsuccessful relationship.
- Amy Farrah Fowler, Ph.D., portrayed by Mayim Bialik, is a woman Raj and Howard meet on an online dating site using a faux account for Sheldon. She is essentially a female duplicate of Sheldon and she and Sheldon become friends although, as Sheldon claims, she is a girl and is his friend, but she is not his girlfriend.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.
|88||1||“The Skank Reflex Analysis“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Eric Kaplan, Maria Ferrari & Anthony Del Broccolo
Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady & Steven Molaro
|September 22, 2011||3X6851|
|89||2||“The Infestation Hypothesis“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro & Maria Ferrari
Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Jim Reynolds & Steve Holland
|September 22, 2011||3X6852|
|90||3||“The Pulled Groin Extrapolation“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro & Dave Goetsch
Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Eric Kaplan & Jim Reynolds
|September 29, 2011|
|91||4||“The Wiggly Finger Catalyst“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Chuck Lorre, David Goetsch and Anthony Del Broccolo
Teleplay: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro and Steve Holland
|October 6, 2011|
|92||5||“The Russian Rocket Reaction“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro & Jim Reynolds
Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Eric Kaplan & Maria Ferrari
|October 13, 2011|
Netflix To Split DVD Service
Qwikster: Netflix To Split DVD Service Into New Business
From The Huffington Post :
In a post on The Netflix Blog that went up Sunday night, the company’s CEO, Reed Hastings, announced that Netflix would split its DVD-by-mail service and its streaming-video service into two companies. The new DVD-only company, called “Qwikster,” will be completely separate from the streaming business. Hastings also expressed contrition for the way the company rolled out its recent price hike, which alienated many customers.
Hastings wrote: “It is clear from the feedback over the past two months that many members felt we lacked respect and humility in the way we announced the separation of DVD and streaming, and the price changes. That was certainly not our intent, and I offer my sincere apology.” He went on to announce that Qwikster — the name is chosen “because it refers to quick delivery” — is becoming its own entity because ” “we realized that streaming and DVD by mail are becoming two quite different businesses, with very different cost structures, different benefits that need to be marketed differently, and we need to let each grow and operate independently.”
The move comes on the heels of an overwhelmingly negative reaction to Netflix’s price hike in July. This week, the company announced it had lost many more subscribers than expected, and its stock price fell accordingly.
i.Sound Portable Power Max
Gadget Of The Day:
The i.Sound Portable Power Max Portable USB Charger!
This thing ROCKS! I got it as a gift for my birthday and I really LOVE IT! It is a 5 port USB charger that can charge my iPhone and iPad several time! It was GREAT during the hurricane and is even better when I travel and on a plane! I NEVER run out of battery and I dont need to carry around that extra attached battery on my phone! I even charge other people’s phones and iPads.
Edition: 16,000 mAh
5 Powered USB Ports allow you to charge up to 5 USB Electronics at a time
(like iPhone, iPod, Blackberry, Droid, ect.)
LED indicators let you know how much charge you have left on the battery
Adds 30 extra hours of usage to iPad
Charges any device with a maximum current requirement of 2.4 Amps
Please Click Here To Buy On Amazon
iPad Arcade Cabinet
– My dream of owning one of these stand alone arcade units may someday become a reality but it would be 1/5 the size 🙁 Someones gotta make a table version of these, like the old sit down Mrs Pacman and Donkey Kong!
Taito is making its own iPad arcade cabinet
by Chris RawsonSep 14th 2011 at 9:00PM
First ThinkGeek’s iCade went from joke concept to real product, then Atari introduced its own iPad gaming controller. Now Taito, maker of legendary video game Space Invaders, is joining the fray with the InvaderCade. GameSetWatch reports the cabinet has only a single button and a ball-top joystick for controls, but the InvaderCade also serves as a charging dock with stereo speakers and a headphone jack.
via Taito is making its own iPad arcade cabinet | TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog.
Star Wars On Blu-ray – Review
STAR WARS – BLU-RAY – FRIDAY! – GREAT REVIEW
Star Wars Blu-ray The Complete Saga Review
20th Century Fox | 1977-2005 | 6 Movies | 805 min | Rated PG-13 | Sep 16, 2011 1
Bottom Line :
No, the “untouched” original trilogy is not included. Yes, there are some goofy new additions, like Darth Vader yelling “NOOOOO” as he throws Emperor Palpatine over the railing. I don’t think anyone expected this release of The Complete Saga to be free of controversy. But come on. It’s Star Wars. On Blu-ray. This is a once-in-a-technological-generation event, and if your hatred of George Lucas’ revisionist tinkerings keeps you from enjoying some of your favorite films in high definition, you’re missing out. Believe me, I share your pain. Whenever I hear that stupid funk song inside Jabba’s palace, I cringe like a man being forced to bite down on tin foil or chew sand. It’s almost physically painful. But I’m done being bitter. I’m playing the long game. One of these days, Lucas will wise up and realize that the original trilogy—in its original form—is a culturally and historically important piece of pop art that belongs to its fans. But until that day, I’m going to enjoy this Blu-ray box set. The films have never looked or sounded better— Episodes III-VI are particularly impressive—and they come with a fantastic collection of special features. Highly Recommended!
via Star Wars Blu-ray.
The King Of Kong
Diehard video game fans compete to break World Records on classic arcade games.
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
This is one movie I hope I can catch one day! It looks pretty funny!
How can you go wrong!
“The iPhone” 2007
Wow, what more can you say about it! It is “The iPhone” and it is HERE! It came out on Nicky’s Birthday, and he almost got one too!! hehe I played with it for the first time that first weekend and it truly is an amazing phone! I never saw such hype and so many people analyzing one product before in my life! I am going to pick one up soon, but I wanted to get a real feel for it and see what people are talking about it! Cell phones for me for some reason never intrigued me so much. I know so many people who get new phones like 2 or 3 times a year. I stuck with my ol Nokia with the flip out keyboard, which is still to me a great phone and it will be missed! Yeas, there is a TON of things that disappoint me about the iPhone and do I wish it was upgraded, YES! I do sit back and see that it blows my Nokia away and it DOES do the things I need it to do! So with all the trade offs, it is a killer phone and communication device and I am looking forward to getting one very, VERY soon!
Like it needs any more advertisement! 🙂 It’s OUT! And I can’t wait to see it! I have been watching the other twoi movies! I think we are going to see it next weekend at an IMAX theater! Can’t WAIT!
Very excited to see the new Spiderman 🙂
I hope to watch it this weekend and get my coments up ASAP 🙂
It now has the record for the biggest opening day ever @ 40.5 million dollars on its FIRST DAY! Unreal!
On another note : RIP Marlon 🙁
A Delayed Farewell to Leo :(
On a sad note 🙁 one of my shows got the boot! Call For Help (ok I am a total geek 🙂 ) got the boot. TECH TV Pretty much got the boot as well, one of my favorite channels. Most of the shows are now gone with G4-Tech TV newly launched! The Screen Savers is still around, but Leo Laporte will surely be missed! I thank him for the knowledge he has given me over the years. He is a true inspiration the way he teaches people. Here is a clip of his farewell message on his site. Check out the link to check out his typepad. Special thanks to my pal Elo for turning me on to ZDTV from the start!
The Laporte Report: “Yesterday was one of the saddest days of my life. We put Call for Help to bed Wednesday. You’ll see the last episode on Friday, but for those of us who have been making the show for six years a huge and important chunk of our lives is over.”