U2. One band. One album. One extraordinary story. From Academy Award(R) winning director Davis Guggenheim, Showtime presents “From the Sky Down,” the story behind the making of “Achtung Baby.” Recorded in 1991, this album marked a pivotal point in U2’s career. Featuring never-before-seen footage and new interviews, join Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen, Jr. and Adam Clayton as they celebrate the 20th anniversary of this visionary triumph.
September 25, 2011 11:39 AM
Scott Pelley brings viewers on a personal tour conducted by Police Commissioner Ray Kelly of what may be the world’s most sophisticated terror defense forces – the New York City Police Department’s counter terrorism unit.
Got To LOVE THE GEEKS! Excited about not one but 2 new season 5 shows tonight!
Whats on tap so far this season:
5.01 – The Skank Reflex Analysis
Penny worries that she’s screwed things up permanently with her friends, while Sheldon takes command of the paintball team.
5.02 – The Infestation Hypothesis
A fight between Sheldon and Penny leaves Amy caught in the middle, while Leonard tries to spice up his long-distance relationship with Priya.
5.03 – The Pulled Groin Extrapolation
Leonard and Amy get to know each other better, while Howard and Bernadette spend the weekend with Mrs. Wolowitz.
5.04 – The Wiggly Finger Catalyst
Raj finally meets a girl he can communicate with.
5.05 – THE RUSSIAN ROCKET REACTION
Sheldon and Leonard get invited to a party at Wil Wheaton’s house, and Howard gets an out-of-this-world opportunity.
Got to love the cast descriptions!
- Leonard Hofstadter Ph.D., portrayed by Johnny Galecki, is an experimental physicist with an IQ of 173 who received his Ph.D when he was 24 years old. He shares an apartment with colleague and friend, Sheldon Cooper. He and Penny dated at one point during the series, but they have since broken up. He has been dating Raj’s sister, Priya.
- Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., portrayed by Jim Parsons, is a theoretical physicist. Originally from East Texas, he was a child prodigy, starting college at the age of 11, right after completing the fifth grade. He has an IQ of 187 and exhibits a strict adherence to routine; a lack of understanding of irony, sarcasm, and humor; and a complete lack of humility or basic empathy.
- Penny, portrayed by Kaley Cuoco, is the attractive, blonde neighbor who lives across the hall from Sheldon and Leonard. She has aspirations to a career in show business, and has been to casting calls and auditions but has not been successful thus far. To pay the bills, she works as a waitress at The Cheesecake Factory. Her last name has never been revealed. She and Leonard dated at one point during the series, but they have since broken up. In the finale episode of Season 4, she was shown to have slept with Raj after drunkenly telling him that she regrets splitting up with Leonard.
- Howard Wolowitz, M.Eng., portrayed by Simon Helberg, works as an aerospace engineer. He is Jewish, and lives with his mother. Unlike Sheldon, Leonard, and Raj, Howard lacks a Ph.D. He defends this by pointing out that he has a master’s degree in Engineering from MIT and the apparatus he designs are actually built and launched into space, unlike the purely abstract work of his friends. He provides outrageous pick-up lines and fancies himself a ladies man with suitably unimpressed reactions from Penny. Though he finds that he has limited success with other women at first, he begins dating Bernadette in season 3, but they break up; they get back together in the Season 4 episode “The Hot Troll Deviation”, and become engaged in the episode “The Herb Garden Germination”.
- Rajesh Koothrappali, Ph.D., portrayed by Kunal Nayyar, originally comes from New Delhi, India. He is an astrophysicist. Known commonly as “Raj”, he works alongside Sheldon exploring the string theory implications of gamma rays from dark matter annihilations. He is very shy around women and is physically unable to talk to them unless he drinks alcohol. However, he has much better luck with women as opposed to his overly confident best friend Howard. His sister, Priya, has been dating Leonard.
- Bernadette Rostenkowski, Ph.D., portrayed by Melissa Rauch, is a waitress and co-worker of Penny paying her way through graduate school microbiology studies. Bernadette is introduced to Howard by Penny. At first she and Howard do not get along, as they appear to have nothing in common. When they find out that they both have overbearing mothers, they feel a connection. She was upgraded to main cast status in the episode “The Hot Troll Deviation”, in which she and Howard revisit their previously unsuccessful relationship.
- Amy Farrah Fowler, Ph.D., portrayed by Mayim Bialik, is a woman Raj and Howard meet on an online dating site using a faux account for Sheldon. She is essentially a female duplicate of Sheldon and she and Sheldon become friends although, as Sheldon claims, she is a girl and is his friend, but she is not his girlfriend.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.
|88||1||“The Skank Reflex Analysis“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Eric Kaplan, Maria Ferrari & Anthony Del Broccolo
Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady & Steven Molaro
|September 22, 2011||3X6851|
|89||2||“The Infestation Hypothesis“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro & Maria Ferrari
Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Jim Reynolds & Steve Holland
|September 22, 2011||3X6852|
|90||3||“The Pulled Groin Extrapolation“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro & Dave Goetsch
Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Eric Kaplan & Jim Reynolds
|September 29, 2011|
|91||4||“The Wiggly Finger Catalyst“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Chuck Lorre, David Goetsch and Anthony Del Broccolo
Teleplay: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro and Steve Holland
|October 6, 2011|
|92||5||“The Russian Rocket Reaction“||Mark Cendrowski||Story: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro & Jim Reynolds
Teleplay: Chuck Lorre, Eric Kaplan & Maria Ferrari
|October 13, 2011|
Qwikster: Netflix To Split DVD Service Into New Business
From The Huffington Post :
In a post on The Netflix Blog that went up Sunday night, the company’s CEO, Reed Hastings, announced that Netflix would split its DVD-by-mail service and its streaming-video service into two companies. The new DVD-only company, called “Qwikster,” will be completely separate from the streaming business. Hastings also expressed contrition for the way the company rolled out its recent price hike, which alienated many customers.
Hastings wrote: “It is clear from the feedback over the past two months that many members felt we lacked respect and humility in the way we announced the separation of DVD and streaming, and the price changes. That was certainly not our intent, and I offer my sincere apology.” He went on to announce that Qwikster — the name is chosen “because it refers to quick delivery” — is becoming its own entity because ” “we realized that streaming and DVD by mail are becoming two quite different businesses, with very different cost structures, different benefits that need to be marketed differently, and we need to let each grow and operate independently.”
The move comes on the heels of an overwhelmingly negative reaction to Netflix’s price hike in July. This week, the company announced it had lost many more subscribers than expected, and its stock price fell accordingly.
Sony’s SMP-N200 player set to take on Roku, Apple TV for $99 next month
By Richard Lawler posted Sep 18th 2011 9:22PM
The successor to Sony’s underappreciated Netbox was introduced at IFA recently, and now the company has revealed pricing for the SMP-N200 in the United States. It’ll be on sale for $99 in October, and updates the old box with support for 3D, live streaming content and other unspecified new features. The original featured then-impressive support for local media playback and streaming, but does the Blu-ray-less wonder does it have what it takes in 2011? If it has a UI refresh and access to comparable sources thanks to Sony’s now streamlined Video Unlimited / Music Unlimited media approach then this could play well as a one-two punch with a connected PC, phone or tablet. We’ll find out next month, check out the details after the break or our hands on pics from CEDIA here.
SPOILER!!! DON’T READ IF YOU DIDN’T SEE THE SECOND TO LAST EPISODE!
Excite News: “NEW YORK (AP) – Poor Adriana: Scuttling on all fours across dead leaves in a forest until Silvio, Tony Soprano’s consigliere, popped her with two shots. That was Adriana’s ghastly end on the most recent episode of ‘The Sopranos,’ underlining how business is business in a mob family – even for Ade, a terribly reluctant FBI informant whose own fiance, Soprano soldier Christopher Moltisanti, set in motion the hit Tony ordered.
‘The Sopranos’ airs its fifth-season finale Sunday at 9 p.m. EDT on HBO (unavailable for preview). Then 10 more episodes in 2005 will close this magnificent saga.”
Can’t Wait Till Sunday! Jos will not see the episoide and wants me to wait! Don’t think I can do it! Hey I can watch it TWICE 🙂 Catch up or review! Click The Link! MY WORLD 🙂