This should be interesting! Very curious to see what direction this is going to go in 🙂 Brad Bird is amazing! The title does not seem very Pixar! We will see!
RATATOUILLE is currently slated for a June 29, 2007 release. It’s co-directed by Brad Bird (you know, he directed IRON GIANT and THE INCREDIBLES and Bob Peterson – whose involvement with past Pixar projects ranges rom art/animation to voice work.
Ratatouille is a rat who lives in the sewers near a fancy uptown and upscale restaurant run by a famous but eccentric French chef, Chaz Morinto. This rat fancies himself a gourmand, but his father tells him he should grow up and learn to eat garbage like other rats. When Ratatouille is caught in the restaurant one night, he endangers every rat in the sewer when The Exterminator is called.
Brad Garrett as Chef Chazz
Johnny Depp as Ratatouille
Russell Allman as Snive
Christopher Lee as Pat
Keanu Reeves as Garr
Christopher Walken as Winston
Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Exterminator
The trailer for Diseney/Pixar’s RATATOUILLE is now on-line. This trailer is in French…appropriately enough…and is (presumably) the same material we’ll get in English when it’s attached to CARS (which will be released June 9).
You can access the RATATOUILLE trailer Here
Here is the French-to-English translation!
And tonight before dessert, for your enjoyment, we introduce the cheese plate. We have this delicious goat cheese bell, real lite, real sweet. Then, an ewe that will satisfy you with its generous perfume. But, last but not least, a real old and real special…
It’s a rat!
– And there I am. I think I have to reconsider my life. There’s nothing I can do, it’s over my strength, I love good food, ok? And good food is very hard to find for a rat.
– You would find I you weren’t so requiring.
– I don’t want to eat in dustbins, dad… What’s that?
– I have no idea.
– You have no idea, but you eat it anyway, don’t you?
– You know, if you can close the exit after you throw up, you have a whole lot of possibilities for food.
– Voilà! That’s exactly what I meant.
(Over the movie title) Nothing of this would have happened I we did not live in Paris! And it’s sooo easy to find good food in Paris! But… it’s dangerous. [un-freeze].
– You have to reconsider you life!
– You know, he is right!
– Dad, it’s enough!
The title says : Diner will be served… summer 2007.